As the proposal submission deadline approaches for the DoD's 2017.3/C SBIR/STTR BAA, ReliAscent® would like to remind contractors and small businesses submitting proposals, that both the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), and ReliAscent®, provide a number of helpful resources to contractors/awardees. We encourage all small businesses that actively participate in the SBIR/STTR programs, to download the following white papers and guides, to help you understand DCAA compliance requirements, and audits you may face as an awardee:
- "The DCAA's Resource Guide for the SBIR/STTR Program" (also found here: http://www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/sbir/)
- "A Quick Guide to the DCAA Compliant Accounting System - Understanding the SF1408 Preaward Audit Survey"
- "The Top 15 Signs Your Accounting System May Not Be DCAA Compliant"
- "DCAA Timekeeping Requirements"
- "What's the Difference Between a Contract and a Grant?" - ReliAscent® Blog on SBIR/STTR Awards
If your company actively participates in these programs, or you are looking to submit your first proposal ever, it's important to take the time to educate yourself on the SBIR/STTR program, and how the DCAA will impact your business and award. We encourage all contractors and grantees to be proactive, and take advantage of these resources.
If/when your ph I or II proposal is selected for award, call us, and our experts can help you to understand what you need to get started, and can install (and help you maintain), your DCAA compliant accounting system.