DoD SBIR/STTR 21.1/A Pre-Release Begins Today
The Department of Defense's Small Business and Technology Partnerships Office just announced the pre-release of the following Broad Agency Announcements (BAA's):
- DoD Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) BAA 21.1
- DoD Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) BAA 21.A
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs encourage small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development with the potential for commercialization, and are a terrific source of non-dilutive funding for your technology & business.
To learn more about the solicitation's topics & instructions, visit the Defense SBIR/STTR Innovation Portal (DSIP) at https://www.dodsbirsttr.mil/submissions/login.
DoD SBIR/STTR 21.1/A Important Dates to Remember
- December 8, 2020: Pre-release opens
- January 14, 2021: BAA opens, begin submitting proposals in DSIP
- February 4, 2021: Topic Q&A (formerly SITIS) closes to new questions at 12:00 p.m. ET
- February 18, 2021: BAA closes, full proposals must be submitted in DSIP no later than 12:00 p.m. ET
DCAA Compliance Resources for Defense Contractors
Should your business be awarded a Ph II SBIR/STTR from the DoD, or any other cost type contract, you will be required to submit an SF1408, and certify that your accounting system is (or will shortly become), DCAA compliant. In order to help small businesses understand these requirements, ReliAscent offers a number of useful resources to awardees:
White Papers & Blogs:
- A Quick Guide to the DCAA Compliant Accounting System - Understanding the SF1408
- Alphabet Soup: the DCMA vs DCAA
- Cost and Pricing Data Explained
- DCAA Compliant Accounting - Costs and Benefits of Outsourced vs In-House Accounting
- What's the Difference Between a Grant and a Contract (Blog)
- An Introduction to Indirect Rates (Blog)
- Free QuickBooks DCAA Compliance Reviews - is your current QuickBooks system DCAA compliant? Find out in as little as 1-2 days with our free review.
- Free Indirect Rates Reviews - properly structuring your Indirect Rates is critical to managing your costs effectively and ensuring your small business stays profitable. Take advantage of our free review today!
If you plan on submitting a proposal, we wish you the best of luck! And, as always, if you have any questions about our DCAA Compliant Accounting, Contract/Grant Management, or Outsourced CFO services, please feel free to contact ReliAscent at any time.